Formatting Guidelines for all WriteAtHome assignments
- Include a heading. All papers should have a heading in the upper left hand corner of the page that lists:
- Your first name only. Please do not disclose your last name to your writing coach.
- The date
- Your writing coach’s name
- The assignment code (A1, B1, C2, etc.) The letter indicates the assignment; the number indicates the draft.
John January 22, 2019 Mrs. Stevens Assignment B2
- Double-space all papers. Set your word processing program to double-space. Do not simply hit Enter twice at the end of each line (this causes spacing problems later).
- Use simple fonts like Arial or Times New Roman. Don’t use fancy fonts.
- Font should be 12-point only. Don’t change the size.
- Keep the margins at 1 inch. This is the normal setting. No reason to change it.
- Text only. Please do not add graphics, borders, images, etc.
- *Papers may not exceed 5 pages. Remember, quality is more important than quantity.
* This does not include research papers, which may be longer.