Sentence Writing Review
This assignment will help your coach become familiar with your writing ability. You will be writing a bunch of sentences. What you write about isn't really important. The main thing is that your sentences are correct and complete, although making them interesting and original would be good too. Creative is good, but correct is better for this assignment.
Choose two (2) subjects and write at least ten (10) sentences about each. That makes a minimum of twenty sentences. Try to make each sentence different from the others. Here are some ways to do that:
- Vary the length of the sentences.
- Elephants are enormous.
- When traveling in India, it is not uncommon to see people riding on the backs of elephants.
- Don’t start more than two sentences with the same word.
- Many people love to see elephants in zoos.
- My favorite part of a circus is the elephant act.
- Use a different verb (action word) in each sentence.
- Elephants can lift enormous weight with their trunks.
- Though they appear tame, elephants can be very dangerous.
- Include at least one question and one exclamation.
- Are elephants really the smartest animals next to humans?
- That elephant is wearing pajamas!
Notice that the assignment requires at least ten sentences for each subject. If you are motivated, see if you can get twenty or even thirty (if you really tried, I’ll bet you could even get forty or fifty)!
Since we are looking for individual sentences, don’t write in paragraph format. We prefer a list of sentences. Hit the Enter key after each sentence. Number them if you like.
You may choose any two subjects, but here are some suggestions if you draw a blank:
- the future
- growing old
Be sure to include the subject word in each sentence!
Click here to review the Formatting Guidelines