High School Expository Writing 2
This eight-week class is a continuation of High School Expository Writing Workshop 1. The lesson content of this course will discuss business writing and ideas like nominalization, precision, and avoiding mumbo jumbo. In addition to a diagnostic assignment, students will write two expository papers in three drafts each under the guidance and instruction of their personal writing coach.
Note: The assignments and lesson content of this course significantly overlap High School Composition 3. We therefore do not recommend this course for students who have completed H.S. Composition 3.
Students who complete the course will be able to…
- write effective expository papers.
- respond to coach feedback on their writing through revising and proofreading.
- understand and apply concepts like precision and tone to their writing.
- engage the writing process by employing the following five steps in composing every paper: prewriting, drafting, revising, proofreading, publishing.
- improve their writing across a wide range of broad evaluative areas, including content, style and form.