High School 2, Semester
High School Composition 2 is a sixteen-week course designed to follow High School Composition 1. This class includes a timed essay and a variety of writing assignments that cover all four major modes of writing: narrative, descriptive, expository, and persuasive.
Students who complete the course will be able to…
- write for a variety of purposes, including narration, description, exposition, and persuasion.
- defend an opinion using structured, rational argumentation.
- engage the writing process by employing the following five steps in composing every paper: prewriting, drafting, revising, proofreading, publishing.
- demonstrate comprehension of basic mechanics rules in their writing.
- demonstrate proficiency at writing under time constraints.
- improve their writing across a wide range of broad evaluative areas, including content, style and form.